If you'd like to bookmark a web site for easy access at another time or even have direct access to a web page from an icon on your iPad home screen (such as Online@Hillbrook or your favourite news site) you can use an option within Safari to create bookmarks and home screen icons.
- First, browse to the page you'd like to create a shortcut to.
- Then tap the share button on the toolbar (1).
- For a bookmark select "Add Bookmark" from the dropdown list (2) then give it a name and a bookmark folder location.
- For a home screen shortcut select "Add to Home Screen" from the dropdown list (2).
- You will now either have:
- A new bookmark accessible from the Bookmarks toolbar icon (3).
- Or a new shortcut icon on your home screen.